Simple apple tart
250g plain flour
125g salted butter, softened
4 tablespoons water
6 Granny Smith apples, peeled and very thinly sliced
3 tablespoons caster sugar
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
1. Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add enough water to make a firm dough. Wrap the pastry in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator while you prepare the apples.
2. Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
3. Roll out the pastry between two sheets of baking parchment and line the tart tin with the shortcrust.
4. Place the apple slices into the pastry case. Sprinkle with the caster sugar.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the pastry is golden and the apples are soft, about 30 minutes.